For any team member who is on a team, 100% of any amount they donate will be credited to their team total. Your team is required to raise the team fundraising minimum for the 2019 Pro-Am. It’s surprising how quickly the donations add up once you put your heart, creativity and commitment into securing donations. The key is getting started now!
- All personal donations gathered by a player will be counted towards that individual’s total AND team total
- All corporate donations secured by a player will be counted towards that individual’s total AND team total
- All Corporate or company contributions put towards event sponsorship, including Team Sponsor, will not be counted towards an individual’s OR team total
- A player’s individual total will be used to determine if they play in the Detroit Red Wing Alumni (DRWA) game
- The 20 players with the highest aggregate pledges/donations from all sources, as per above, will be invited to play in the DRWA game; if they cannot play, the next highest fundraiser will be offered the spot, and so on.
- If there is a tie for the last spot(s), to a maximum of 2, those players will be able to play. If more than two are tied, the list will be shortened. The number of players to play against the DRWA will not exceed 22 players and 2 goalies.
- The 20 players will be divided into 2 teams of 10 plus a goalie and will play one 25-minute runtime period. Highest fundraisers will play first period.
- The 2 goalies with the highest aggregate pledges/donations from all sources, as per above, will play in the DRWA game; if they cannot play, the next highest fundraiser will be offered the spot, and so on.
- The team fundraising totals will be used to determine the draft order. In the event of a tie, the team with the individual who has the highest amount fundraised will be given the higher draft pick.
- CRC Team of Individuals; because there is no team sponsorship fee, $7,500 will be deducted from their team total for determining the draft order.
Secure Your First Donation Today and Fundraise with Success!
Think of the people you can ask who won’t say no like your family, friends, and co-workers! Get that first donation to start momentum. You can do it! The sooner you get started, the easier it will be to reach beyond $300.
Create Your List of Potential Donors
• Write down the names of all of the people in your life: family, friends, neighbours, co-workers, family doctor, auto mechanic – don’t leave anyone out. You know a lot of people!
• Reach people you’ve never met!
• Have everyone you email forward your donation request to their friends and family.
• Use social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to share your journey and encourage others to support you.
• Have family and friends distribute donation forms for you and talk to their contacts about supporting your goal.
• Cash donations are easy to process. Either fill out a printed donation form from the Resources section of our website and attach a personal cheque with the donation amount, or make a donation online equal to the cash donation you received using your credit card. The donor will receive a tax receipt via email or mail, according to the information given on the form.
• Ask your company to support you. Talk to management about a donation from the company or even donation matching. If the right people know about your commitment to the Pro-Am, fundraising possibilities are limitless.
• Corporate teams are a great way to increase individual players’ fundraising while encouraging camaraderie and increasing the exposure of your company. Approach management about supporting a corporate team.